Bench–Bar Symposium on Electronic Evidence, 28–29 June 2018, Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja Lagos
Since the new Evidence Act was enacted in 2011, Nigerian courts have been called upon to pronounce on admissibility of electronic evidence. Though section 84 of the Evidence Act governs admissibility of electronic evidence, the courts’ interpretation and application of section 84 have been inconsistent. With conflicting judgments from our courts, how can bench and bar determine the true position of the law for certainty and predictability in dispute resolution?
Bench–Bar Symposium on Electronic Evidence brings together experts on electronic evidence from both bench and bar to provide guidance on the subject. This 2-day program will be intensive and interactive, and will clarify the law and practice of electronic evidence in Nigeria.
- Admissibility of Electronic Evidence—Does section 84 of the Evidence Act require strict compliance?
- Electronic Evidence—Judicial Application, Approach, and Interpretation;
- Adducing Electronic Evidence in Cybercrime Cases; and
- Producing, Processing, and Adducing Electronic Evidence.
Prof Abiola Sanni, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos
- Hon Justice Alaba Omolaye-Ajileye (Judge, High Court of Kogi State)
- Hon Justice L. A. Okunnu (Judge, High Court of Lagos State)
- Hon Justice S. S. Ogunsanya (Judge, High Court of Lagos State)
- Prof Taiwo Osipitan SAN (Faculty of Law, University of Lagos)
- Adedapo Tunde-Olowu (Partner, Aelex)
Register for Bench-Bar Symposium on Electronic Evidence:
Dates: 28–29 June 2018
Venue: Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos
Fee: N150,000 per participant
4–6 delegates: N135,000 each;
7–9 delegates: N125,000 each;
10 or more delegates: N100,000 each
Special Discount for the Bench
Judges to pay N50,000 only
Please pay to The Write House, 0153954433, GTBank.
- If you pay by online transfer, enter your name and phone number in the Reference or Remarks column of your bank’s online platform, or email transfer advice to email@example.com.
- If you deposit cash or cheque, add your name to the deposit slip, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we confirm your payment, we shall register you and prepare your certificate in advance.
- Fees are unrefundable. If you’re unable to attend, you may defer or transfer your registration.
Afolake Ajayi 0809 945 3546
Ruth Abraye 0806 752 6583